Friday, November 04, 2005

Melancholy Me

I was just writing an email to one of my longest standing friends, and something we have always done if too much time had passed between correspondences is to do updates on ourselves; what books we are reading, music listening to, trips taken.

So I was writing about the music I am relating to these days, and I had a real insight into my over-all mood and how the songs I listen to express my feelings so accurately. I bet as my moods change, so does my music. Right now I am listening to Dar Williams ~ February, on a playlist I made that also includes Eric Clapton ~ I Get Lost, Lisa Lobe ~ You Say, Jewel ~ Foolish Games... and it goes on like that. All sappy soulful tunes. Like mist hanging low through a forest, drifting quietly with the romantic sorrow of its fleeting nature.

My dreams have been the same... all kind of soft and mournful. There is something moving, shifting and stretching inside of my heart. I am trying to give it release, I write, I dance, I cry if I need to... but it is bigger then all those. I think I should have some work done on my back tattoo, I need some kind of ritual to help me cross this barrier and the pain of the needle brings a kind of focus that is hard to duplicate otherwise. I think the Goddess is trying to get my attention, and I am willing to listen.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Jewel ~ Foolish Games

This is such a pretty song. My wife hates it, but I love the song. Love the melody. I saw the video once too and Jewel looked stunning in it.

2:38 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

I love to sing that song, I can do Jewel songs very well, we have the same range. Because I grew up with musicians, I am lucky enough to have an 'ear'.

My other favorite song to sing of Jewel's is 'Let's Go Back to Bed'.

5:03 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Which album is that from? I've only heard her first one, which had a few good songs, but some I couldn't stand as well.

I really liked You Were Meant for Me too, but that was written by someone else, not an original.

I'm very picky when it comes to music though. Even in bands I like, it's usually 4 or 5 songs an album I'll like, and the other ones I tolerate.

10:43 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

That song was from the same album as You Were Meant For Me... "Pieces of Me" I think the album was called.

I am a real lyrics kinda girl, unless the actuall music is so good you don't care about the lyrics that is!!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter