Friday, October 07, 2005

Let's get Lost

Well, my exam is over, I can take a break from studying for.. at least tonight, and I figured that I would spend some time here. However, seeing as I have had to think much too deeply and intensely for over a week (it was a psych exam), I am going to do a post on a movie.. or in this case, a T.V. show.

So who out there has been caught by the "Lost" monster, besides me that is? So I just happened to catch a moment or two of the show last season, but never enough to understand what was going on. Then the second season started, and I decided to watch the season premier... I still could not quite get the depth of the situation, but it was enough to peak my interest. Therefore, about two weeks ago, I decided to rent the first disk of the first season.

From the opening sequence you are hooked. My thoughts were, "woa", and "what the hell?" Ok now... prepare yourself, I am going to ruin it a little (just the beginning) and if you can't handle that then you should stop reading NOW!

The first scene opens on the pupil of a man's eye. This guy is lying on his back in, what looks like, the middle of bamboo. He is shocked and kind of shaking, looking really disoriented... then this golden lab comes bounding out of the brush and the guy sort of snaps out of it and gets up slowly. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a little bottle of alcohol, the kind you find in fancy hotel fridges or on airplanes. This sparks a memory for him and he is off and running. Comes to a beach, looks one way, its all beautiful and paradise looking... looks the other way and there is mayhem. Smoke and bits of charred airplane... giant engines, torn from the plane but still spinning... people running and screaming and dying... its a mess. This is just the beginning.

I promise you, if you like any kind of suspense stories... you are going to LOVE this. The show has many questions and many answers in every episode, and it keeps you coming back for more. It has a fairly high budget with a packed cast and excellent acting. I love this show, it is very intriguing on many levels and constantly stimulating. I do suggest though, that if you've seen some of the episodes, but haven't seen the beginning, you really must go out and do that, and if you are haven't seen any of it and you are thinking about it... again, you MUST watch it from the beginning... it really sets the stage and flavor for the entire story.

So obviously its about a plane crashing on an island... I've given this much away, and simply it is unlike any show about stranded people that I have ever seen. Don't take my word for it, go check it out yourself and let me know what you think... I give it a big, wet juicy kiss!

Muah!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Haven't seen one episode. Don't have cable, because if I did, I'd watch TV too much. So we get two very blurry channels from where we are.

So the only TV we watch are rented movies and my wife and I will hit the sports bar to catch the Packers.

By the way, my Packers won their first game - 52-3. I'm just hoping the Packers could continue to play like that the whole season.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter