Monday, January 23, 2006

A House!!

We found a house!! I am so excited. We found a house we want to buy and we put in an offer. Its perfectly run-down enough, but with a great structure and wiring and shit like that so we can fix it up and increase our investment. I have been doing renovations since I was a kid, its something my parents loved doing, but my dad was not near the carpenter that my love is (I remember once we just put that gyprock stuff over a wall that was warped instead of ripping the existing warped section out) and so it will be incredible. In fact my parents might very well come and help us work on the place, which will be awesome!!

The last house my love renovated was a wreck to begin with and he turned it into a beautiful, sophisticated house with an executive suite for rent. He is really great at what he does, and I am just SO excited to be doing it with him. My son already has visions of painting his room. He says he wants an Autobot symbol on one wall and a Decepticon symbol on the other... not to mention he wants the decepticon wall to be black. Of course.

No more rent, no more landlords, no more moving (for a while anyway). I can not believe how wonderful things are going. I love it. This past summer, for those of you who remember, I was feeling like a train wreck, setting off bombs in my backyard so to speak. Its amazing what a few bombs can uncover. Sometimes you have to hurt and freak out to figure out what you need. We are doing so incredibly well, but I think that the best thing of all is that we are grateful and recognize our good fortune... theres no looking around the bend for the other shoe to drop. Things are good and I can appreciate that, that in itself is something to be happy about.

A house! A house! Yaaaaaaaaaaa

3 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

You're younger than I was when I bought my first house, and now I own several. Good to see you're stepping in the right direction financially.

I don't know how the tax laws are in Canada, but I have so many tax deductions that I legally pay under 10% in taxes, even though I make pretty good money. It's because if you own property, you have all kinds of deductions in the States.

I'm happy for you. May you buy many more houses and get rich. Anyone who says money can't buy happiness doesn't know how to spend it. ;)

When we pay off these credit cards, we're going to Whistler. :)

7:58 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

Whistler eh? Thats about 4 hours from here, its alot of fun expecially if you like to spend money.

I am unsure of the tax breaks for home owners here, but I know through Mary Kay I get alot of tax breaks.

"Anyone who says money can't buy happiness doesn't know how to spend it. ;)" hahahaha love it.

7:35 AM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

Definitly the COOL side. 7th and St. Paul. We are close to Aidans school and everything. I love it. Oh and the Decepticon's are the evil transformers... Autobots are the good guys... Duh! :)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter