Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Years Revolution

I have never put much effort into a new years resolution, I wonder just how many people really do? I mean how many of us actually stick to our resolutions as if they mattered, as if they are important appointments to keep... Now sure, I have made many a resolution, used to have fun with it when I was a kid... "this year I am going to wear hot pink nail polish and go to a movie with the hottest guy at W.C.I. (the highschool I didn't go to because I was 12)." Or if I was serious it was something like, "I am going to get into less trouble, and do better in school", which is a perfectly honest and reasonable resolution to make, but unfortunately an ultra-difficult one to keep considering that I am not the master of the universe and I can't control all the variables that play a part in the way my life goes.

One thing I do believe in is revolutions. People tend to stick hard to a revolution, maybe because it represents a desire that is closest to the heart, something they really want and feel right about. I have always wanted to be part of a revolution... well I am a revolution. I am a continually changing landscape that transforms through experience and reflection. My revolutions are chronic and hardly need a New Year to ignite them, but seeing as it is New Year, there is no better time like the present.

For much of my life I have had the fear of not being good enough; something I share with the majority of our cultural population. Two thousand and five showed me that that fear is unfounded, brought it into the light of day instead of performing its monstrosities in the darkness of my sub-conscious, and allowed me to make some big decisions about it. I have the potential to be everything I always dreamed of. No longer will I allow my insecurity to make important choices, I know there is greatness in me and I will nurture it and watch it flourish. This is my revolution, I will deny nothing, I will push myself and dance towards success, because I know that I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Well, that's the correct attitude to have. You can be cynical and give up, then complain about the world around you and drive everyone else nuts. Or you can go out and do what you want to do. Very glad you're choosing the latter.

10:38 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

Well it is ME after all ;)

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter