Tuesday, November 22, 2005

WTF?

(for those of my friends who are reading this but do not use computer lingo WTF?=what the fuck?)

I don't generally do much blogging on politics, for two reasons; the first and biggest would have to be the sheer fact that I am walking on a thin wire when it comes to accepting the awful truth that we, the people, have very very little to do with the decisions being made about our lives and futures. This coming from an admittedly optimistic person and when I say I am optimistic, it means that I always try to look on the bright side, or hold my head high, or think positive. It is not actually like trying, its just my natural tendency... so when I try to look on the bright side of politics... well like the rest of you, I am completely blinded by the bright flashy lights and cameras. I am distracted by the wagging of the dog, and even though I know its wagging I can not look away because that is pretty much the whole picture that I am presented with. I honestly believe that regardless of how much you care, or try to be involved, unless you have status and cash to back you up, you are merely a flea on the ass of the bull that's wearing a bejeweled collar.

The second reason is that I am truly baffled at, and saddened by, how many people propagate the lies. People who only betray themselves and the rest of their loved ones because they are too frightened by their own damned fear to realize or admit it. It drives me utterly crazy knowing that what those people need is some good help, and knowing most of them won't even try to get it. Lots of love and support that they didn't get when they were kids. Someone to tell them that worrying does nothing but cause health problems and that it will be ok, it will all be ok. They can remove their hands from their eyes now, they can handle anything, because they are stardust having an experience of consciousness and without the messed-up parts and the pain, we would never know love or joy or passion (or ever have created Art). So just let go and open up. That is real faith. Once you give up on being afraid and believing the lies that your fear has told to you, look back and behold the fabrication of purpose you have been hypnotized with.

Can people really deny the fact that a 'certain government', for example (cause they are so easy to use as an example), has committed numerous crimes against humanity. Has acted directly in opposition to their own policies and wishes of the people and lied and cheated to gain power to continue in their devastating pursuit of MORE. It's obvious to anyone willing to look at the unpleasantries. My optimistic mind wants to believe that people will eventually hold their government responsible for these actions and replace it with a better one. I am told again and again "No, Trudy. That won't happen. There is nothing but different shades of the same thing to replace it with." And I recognize the truth in this, but it makes me angry and sad none the less. I do not want to accept it. My heart hungers for a revolution, a civilly disobedient uprising the likes of which Gandhi would be proud. I am not a supporter of violence. Which doesn't mean that I don't understand the necessity for it at times, or that I feel the need to shield myself from images of it. But I do not resort to it, and I will attempt to stop it if it does not involve saving someone's life immediately. I just think that we have chewed that bone for a long time, and it would be helpful to try a different dish.

I know, all this rant really states clearly is that I am an idealist with a bit of a grudge against a 'certain government'. It is true, and idealism is exactly how I manage to keep my sanity intact and my cynicsm to a minimum. There. A rant on politics that is about why I don't rant on politics. See what its already done to me?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Well, if you're referring to ours, I tried to convince more people to vote third party to make some real changes. The past several administrations just loved to meddle in everyone else's business. I hate that. I'd rather have George Washington's isolationistic foreign policy. I say if other countries want to kill themselves, let them. Let's take care of our own business.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter