Saturday, December 24, 2005

Waiting for the packages

Waiting sucks. I ordered some gifts over the internet, and although it is incredibly easy to do so, the waiting is driving me insane... especially since it is Christmas Eve already! Yesterday while I was out the delivery guy came by, but he left one of those notices hanging on my door. That was at about 1pm. It was fine until I read the notice which said I couldn't pick up my parcel until today after one. That's just fucked!! I live about two blocks from the postal outlet, but I have to wait twenty four hours to pick up my parcel. That should be illegal this close to Christmas!!!

On another note, I went to visit my good friend Who yesterday. She lives with her sister, Demanding, and her nieces were visiting from their fathers house for Christmas. Well Demanding is pregnant again and getting married, her husband to be also has two daughters... lets wish them a boy shall we? Anyway, I met the two new girls and they both instantly fell in love with me. It was very cute, all four of them wanting my attention... have I ever mentioned that I want to have a girl one day? Well anyway it was so funny to watch them circling their Christmas tree. The lights reflecting in their wide, excited eyes, fingers itching to pick up the packages and feel them, shake them, taste them even. The oldest girl came over to me and said "Can I open one?" I laughed and she laughed and I said... "What do YOU think the answer is?" She smiled sheepishly and said "No." I said "Good answer. If we opened them all now, there would nothing left for Christmas, cause if you open one she will want to, and so will she and her and that one too." Pointing to each little girl in turn. They all laughed at me then climbed on me and demanded we get a picture taken with all of us... it was very sweet. But I can't imagine having four girls... yikes.

Tonight is our traditional Christmas Eve party. Its one thing that my love and I like to do the same way. Lots of food, lots of sparkly lights, lots of presents for our friends, and don't forget the cheer!! This year we found the most beautiful tree and it suits our home perfectly. My love is going to prepare his famous and highly sought after maple cider glazed ham, it was devoured with absolutely no qualms at our tracemas party. He is an incredible cook and charming host, just two of the many things I adore about the man. In fact I met him at a Christmas Eve party 8 years ago, and he had made his ham, although I showed up too late to taste it, but I did get to meet the gorgeous man who cooked it. Even without it, I was smitten with him instantly, although it did take 3 and a half years more before we became a couple. Anyway, I digress. This year some of my family won't be joining us for Christmas, which is sad, but on the other hand, my loves brother will be with us, as well as Aidan's Daddy (Aidan is my son for all of you who don't know), so that makes up for the lack otherwise. In fact I am thrilled that they will be here, it's going to be wonderful!! I hope that all of you will have a very merry ho ho and be surrounded by the ones you love. Take care my friends, and any of you out there that are close enough to us, come on over tonight and have a cup of cheer!!

Merry Merry Christmas... Happy Hanukkah... Ho Ho Ho!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

That's really cool that you are good with your son's father. Maybe not good, but on speaking terms where you're comfortable with him at Christmas dinner.

7:07 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

:) We are good. Very good. It wasn't so good for the first few years, he was still very angry at me for leaving him, but I always made room for him to have a relationship with his son, and it has really paid off. He is grateful for me now, grateful for our son and tells me that I am a wonderful mother. Aidan loves to see us together, and when we hug Aidan jumps in and hugs both of us. I would say it has worked out incredibly. It took ALOT of work though.

10:52 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

That's cool. I'm happy for you, and especially Aidan.

7:00 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

Thank you, me too.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter