Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Best Romantic Movie of All Time

If you haven't seen The Notebook, do it now! I put off renting this romantic movie for quite some time mainly because I was 'put off' by the cover. Honestly a cover where two people are kissing in the rain is about as meaningful to me as a cover with a sexy chick holding a gun; a little too predictable for my taste. This is definitely one of those cases that gives any kind of meaning to a gem such as "don't judge a book by its cover".

Ok I will try my best not to ruin the tale for any of you who are experimental enough to take my advice, but I will give some insight as to why I consider this one of the greatest romances ever. This movie is for all of us tragic romantics who strive for actual happiness and a long-lasting loving relationship with a soul-mate. I'm talking about the people who do not settle for merely financial comfort or 'stick with it' because that is what you are 'supposed' to do. Garth Brooks wrote an excellent song for those of us who pursue love like this, called Standing Outside the Fire, and as much as I am not much of a country music fan, I do love Garth Brooks. I remember once being so hurt by love and singing that song at the top of my lungs, crying my eyes out... yup, hopeless romantic.

This movie is such a beautiful story with as much possibility, uncertainty, fireworks, craziness, pain and hope to give an actual example of 'this thing called love'. At least the kind of love that drives us who chose to "dance within the flames" to keep dancing. If you are ever inspired to cry at a movie, be prepared. I loved this movie, and yes I am willing to admit I do love my share of chick flicks, but this is a powerhouse all on its own. Rachel McAdams is enchanting and fiery along side Ryan Gosling who plays the kind of man who is sexiest indeed. The two of them won an award for the best on-screen kiss from this movie, I happened to be watching the award show and caught their acceptance 'kiss'; they got on stage and re-enacted the famous kiss. I tell you it was HOT, no wonder the chemistry seemed so real, I think it may actually have been real. Its no doubt that these two brought home the depth of emotion in the movie, but it is definitely the story itself that wins the gold stars on my chart. See it, feel it... cry if you must.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I'll have to check it out.

As for Garth Brooks, I like him too. I don't like country either, being a huge metalhead. But Brooks' words are excellent, having a broad range of appeal. Someone could easily feel like he wrote the song for them.

8:45 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

Exactly. I think that above and beyond the style of music he sings, Garth Brooks is an incredible poet... he is the poet of country as Jim Morrison was the poet of rock.

So tell me, who are your favs? I am a big fan of Green Day, not exactly metal... and Nine Inch Nails, and Razed in Black...as far as rock goes anyway... oh and Dusty... she is a great rocker!! I love alot of different music overall.

10:59 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Dusty's awesome. She needs to play shows and get discovered. She sent me some of her songs and I see their potential. Her lyrics are so cool too. :)

Lyricists - Pink Floyd. Wish you were here really hits home for me. Especially the line about exchanging cold comforts for change. I keep questioning myself whether or not I sold out.

Musically though, my music is metal, which lyrically is more about letting out your anger in a healthy way. It's nothing deep, but very necessary to keep me out of jail.

And I like Celtic music. My wife's primarily of Irish decent, and we both love Irish culture, dancing, and their music. There was a strong Irish community in the little town up in Northern California where we moved from. We kept the house and will hopefully move back there sooner than later.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter