Monday, April 25, 2005

study time

Well this is a new experience for me. To study. I don't think I really did much of it in highschool, I was just too busy with life. It was strange to me that any teenager could actually live school as their life... but then most teenagers, at that time anyway, were not like me. I went to a different highschool for every year, sometimes changing after one semester. It was... interesting. I started guessing how many people I would know by the time I left... I make friends pretty easy, lucky me.

All this moving about did not allow for much study time, particularily because I did not live with my parents during most of this time... I left home at 15, and life was pretty busy as an unencumbered youth. School became the lowest priority and so had the least amount of time dedicated to it.

Now being in University, where I might add it is MUCH different then highschool (thankgod) except for some ditz factor that some people never seem to grow out of, I find that I want to study, and I need to study... but I am a damned procrastinator! I have yet to figure out how to program the necessary motivation into my everyday psyche... *puts fingers to temples* "must memorize material, must fill brain with right answers!" I hope its working. The thing is, Iam really enjoying learning, and I am pretty serious about being successful. I want to get the best grade I can, I want to get as many A's as is absolutly possible for this trancendant computer in my head to achieve.

Is it too high a goal? Only if I can't get this fucking study button off hold....hmmmm Well I guess I better go learn ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Bookfraud said...

got here through bottle rocket's blog. nice stuff. nice name for the blog.

you are defintely canadian, because you go to University, not to College. (my canuck wife schooled me in this).

i think you're coming to a profound realization: that learning and studying aren't one and the same. ok, maybe not so profound, but will help get those nasty coffee stains out of your clothes.

12:40 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

hehehe... they are.

5:11 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

A little advise from someone who almost failed high school but got mostly As in college, take only classes you enjoy and you'll actually enjoy studying. If studying is a chore, then you won't.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter