Saturday, April 16, 2005

freedom for a day

I used to be a mom who had an insane amount of freedom. Every other week my son would be with his father for a week. Equal parenting. I loved it, like I said I had more freedom then most mothers ever get. Not anymore. It's the price I payed to move to this city and go to university, we are too far away for my son to see his dad so often. It sucks all around really, Earen had to resort to being a sometimes 'weekend' dad.

Since I had so much freedom anyway, I never used to get babysitters, and I think somewhere along the lines I forgot the value of a night out. Well it's all beginning to come back to me now. Tonight Aidan is having a sleepover at a friends house... WoooHoooo! Exciting for him, exciting for me. I could actually stay out ALL night if I wanted to, not likely, but I COULD. This is a luxury I, and all other childless youth, did not even realize was mine until it no longer was.

My girlfriends and I have been having lingerie nights (a.k.a sexy sunday) for a few years, and it worked out perfectly when Aidan was living with dad for a week. Now go ahead and try to have a sexy day with a 7 yr old boy around... LOL. Not a chance. Wouldn't do it anyway even I was payed to. Not that I don't want to him to appreciate the value of gorgeous women, just not all together in one room... sets unrealistic expectations... hahahahaha.

I rememeber the nights when I was 18 and I would live out of a half full back-pack, stay up for days on LSD, find myself miraculously on the other side of the province and sleep on front lawns with a pile of friends. Deliciously unbound.

Now don't get me wrong, motherhood rocks. I love it, at least the good parts, no one LOVES the parts of parenting where your needs come last, being an Ogre is required training and your kid throws every insult they have at you in the heat of not getting what they really want. Not to mention trying like hell not to FUCK THEM UP. Luckily for me, those moments are few and far between, but they are definitly there. I have been purposfully raising a good man since the moment I realized 'it's a boy'... its more difficult then it sounds.

So tonight I am putting 'Mom' away in the top drawer, and 'I' am coming out for a vacation... hmmm, lingerie day seems like a good idea!

1 Comments:

Blogger clothosfate said...

ahhh, yes, and we have pictures to prove it!! :)

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter