Saturday, April 02, 2005

reading saves lives

This is my first attempt at a blog, but please be patient. I am a writer, and have been ever since I was about 8 or 9... any serious writer knows that to write well you must read like hell. Well thats not so hard to do when you are me. My favorite types of books are fiction and fantasy, I guess its because when I first discovered the joy of books, I was young and wanted an escape from my life, fiction and fantasy are great for that. The book I am reading right now just happens to be on the present bestseller list, and for very good reason. It is called The Lovely Bones, and it lives up to all its hype. What an incredible book! I am so insprired by this writer and how she took a tragedy and turned it into fabulous writing. That is excatly the kind of writing I wish to have published, a tremendous tale spun with excellent storytelling magic. The writer's name is Alice Sebold for anyone who wants to know, and she is now one of my favorite writers. Along with the master, Stephen King, I also am a big fan of Jane Austin, Starhawk, Anne Rice, Tolken... I could go on, and some other time... I will. So who are your faves... and why?

1 Comments:

Blogger clothosfate said...

Well I can understand that, although I think that everyone has something to say,its just not everyone is comfortable saying it, so they go blank, or think...'no I can't say that, its stupid' or worry about grammer, vocabulary, intelligent topic... it goes on and on. As you can see I have been gifted(or cursed, all relative)with what has been clincally declared as 'did anyone ever tell you, you talk alot?' syndrome.

So I know the others on your favorite writers list, but who is Stephen Covey? What does he write?

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter